Specially developed for use in timber-frame and modular building constructions, YBS BreatherFoil FR can greatly increase the U-value of a timber-frame wall and outperforms traditional breather membranes.
Whether pre-fabricated or assembled on site, BreatherFoil FR can afford the designer and
contractor maximum flexibility when detailing timber-frame walls or dormer cheeks, without the expense of thicker timber frames or higher priced materials.
The unique design of BreatherFoil FR allows the application to breathe, while offering an improved thermal performance.
The core bubble profile of the product offers great thermal benefits, this is achieved by trapping air within the small bubble pockets of the product.
The outer aluminium foil layers increase the overall thermal performance, this is due to its high reflectiveness.
This product is suitable for walls and offers the following major benefits –
- R-Value up to 0.79 m²K/W, equivalent to 35mm of Mineral Wool Insulation.
- Effective 2 in 1 insulating venting membrane.
- Up to 42% reduction in heat loss, saving you money on your energy bills.
- Suitable for timber frame and dormer walls.
- Non degradable maintaining thermal performance and product integrity.
- Flexible, lightweight and easy to install.
- Reduces the Risk of Condensation.
- Minimal waste compared to traditional insulation products.
- Fully Agrément Certified, Building Control Compliant and NHBC accepted.
- Made in Britain.
BreatherFoil FR has been independently tested and certified to the latest Industry Standards, including BDA Kiwa certificate of Agrement.
YBS Insulation at a glance
Years Manufacturing Insulation
Metres of insulation manufactured per year
of our products