Introduction and aim:
YBS Insulation is a manufacturer and distributor of insulation products. We produce the best performing multi-foil products in the market along with cavity closers and foil membranes.
We recognise that our operations result in emissions to air and water, and the generation of waste. It is our aim to comply with legislation and other requirements, continue to reduce the environmental impacts of our business and operate in an environmentally responsible manner. This policy describes how we will achieve our aim.
This environmental policy applies to all of our operations including management, office services, manufacturing, delivery and procurement. The SHEQ Officer is responsible for ensuring that the policy is implemented. However, all employees have a responsibility in their area to ensure that the aims and objectives of the policy are met.
We will ensure that resources are available to enable us to meet the requirements of this policy.
The key points of our aim are:
- Comply with all relevant legislation and regulations.
- Regularly review the environmental impact of our activities, endeavour to reduce our overall environmental impact and prevent waste using best practice techniques.
- Reduce the amount of general waste sent to landfill waste streams.
- Increase the amount of recyclable waste sent to recyclable waste streams (plastic, wood, etc.)
- Involve employees in our environmental programme and provide necessary training to enable them to carry out their responsibilities
- Sustain a programme of continual improvement in environmental performance incorporating suitable measurement and monitoring mechanisms
- Work with key suppliers to encourage them to develop environmental best practice.
- Work towards improving resource efficiency (including our use of water, energy and raw materials).
- Limit the amount of noise pollution in and around the site.
Monitoring and auditing:
Progress against these objectives will be monitored through monthly management meetings.
If you wish to obtain a copy or would like to discuss our policy please telephone 01909 721 662 or email email@example.com.
Revision 1, June 2018